A new purchased (or older) Canon printer needs to be set up. First, ensure you’ve installed the latest drivers and software from a valid site, for example – https://ij.start.canon or ij.start.canon. The wireless and wired models require drivers and software; therefore, each has to undergo one important installation process. If your printer model isn’t set up yet, you can get started now.
Set up the Hardware
The first and foremost step before using any printer is the Hardware setup. So, you must complete the process of hardware before proceeding further.
- Unbox the Canon printer carefully.
- Now, connect your printer to the power supply using the power cable.
- When you turn on the Canon printer, go to the control panel.
- Set your preferences like language, date, location, and time on the control panel.
- Finally, load the cartridge and paper carefully.
Download the Driver and Installation Setup
As stated above, installing Canon Printer Drivers on your compute machine is the most critical part of the “ij.start.canon” procedure. In information, even a small fault in this division will lead to issues in your Printer’s concert. As such, follow the given commands for Installing Drivers for hassle-free .
- Start the downloading progression by opening a Web Browser that you usually use.
- Next, you must go to its official website. For this, use “ij.start.canon” as the URL to get the Download any Canon Printer’s Driver.
- This webpage requires the Model Number of your Canon Printer. As such, supply the same properly in the given “Search Bar” and click the “Search” button.
- However, if you are not clear in your mind of the Model Number. After that, “Where’s the model number?” link will guide you in locate the similar.
- As a result, you will get the respective Start button for your Printer Model.
- Therefore, click on the highlighted “Start” button on this window.
- After that click Download Button
- Now, this will start the downloading process that will take time to entire. Then, wait while ensure there is no pause in the Internet Connection.
- After that, Go to the folder Download and choose the printer software file.
- Lastly, run your computer software file to advantage from printing experience.
Start the Installation Process
Several printers will automatically search for the essential drivers almost immediately the unit is connected via USB. Basically follow the on-screen instructions to whole the installation process.
- If the drivers don’t automatically begin installing, you can total a manual search and start the installation: Windows – Open ‘Control Panel’ and clack ‘Devices and Printers’. Click ‘Add a Printer’ and the system will start looking for the printer. After the printer you are look to install is displayed, choose it from the list and follow the on-screen commands.
- Mac OS X – In the Apple menu, click ‘System Preferences’. Pick ‘Print & Fax’ and click the ‘+’ button on-screen at the bottom of the printer list. Choose your select printer and follow the on-screen instructions to whole the installation.
Connecting Canon IJ Printer to WiFi
WiFi or wireless connection is the best way to connect your PC and Canon printer. However, your printer should be the wireless model for this process. So let’s see how you can connect the WiFi to the IJ printer.
- Ensure you’ve turned on your Canon printer model.
- Install the printer drivers from the ij.start.canon website.
- Turn on your Canon model by pressing the ON button.
- Tap or press the wireless icon or WiFi button.
- The WiFi lamp should flash, at this time, make sure your wireless router is working.
- Then, push the WPS button on the wireless router for a few seconds.
- Your printer may show you connected status. If not, check the WiFi and ON lights are; if stable, the connection has been made successfully.